Monday, February 2, 2009

PDR: A reading for Wally

Thanks to fellow PDR participant souljourney, I can no longer say I’ve never read tarot for strangers. Now I have read tarot for a stranger’s... cats. After seeing my “Meow!” post below, souljourney offered me the opportunity to read for some of her seven cats. Having had seven cats myself at one time, I know how complicated all those feline lives and interactions can become. So, I took her up on the offer... but not without some agonizing.

It felt like a huge, intimidating leap to take. What if I got it wrong? Finally I figured out that if I got it wrong, souljourney would tell me so, and I’d learn from the experience, and no one would be harmed by it, and somehow life would go on. Given that, why all the drama?

So I did readings for three cats, using a different deck for each. For Wally, I chose the Elemental, my PDR deck.

Here’s the info souljourney sent me about Wally:
16 y/o. He sometimes urinates where he isn't supposed to... like on the side of the tub.

Here’s Wally’s reading:

Tell me something about Wally:
6 of Fire (6 of Wands)

Status matters to him. As he gets older and physically less able, his place in the pecking order may be slipping. Maybe he’s used to being confident and an “alpha,” or maybe he’s been comfortable just being in the middle of the pack -- either way, it’s important to him to be respected and taken seriously.



The situation (inappropriate urination) from his point of view:
Daughter of Fire (Page of Wands)

Message! Message! (The dove carries a letter, the girl carries a piece of paper, the symbols in the lower left are of a mouth and an ear.) Marking his territory is part and parcel of the pecking order issue above. He’s posting reminders to the other cats of his presence and his importance. There’s a chance the message could be for you, not for the other cats -- has he been getting less attention & respect from you lately? If not, then it’s likely about the other cats.

The one thing he'd like you to know:
4 of Air (4 of Swords)

He’s feeling his age, even if it’s not showing yet. He doesn’t have the energy he used to have. Sleep is good. But it’s hard to rest well if you’ve got to keep protecting your status. Also, there’s a mental rigidity: He’s set in his ways. He likes his way of doing things, & he doesn’t want to have to change.



What you can do to help your relationship w/ Wally:

3 of Water (3 of Cups)

The Elemental's book says it so nicely: The power of sympathetic understanding. The healing power of true unselfish love.

I’m thinking that it looks like it will be hard for you to win the battle against his inappropriate urination: he’s getting old, he doesn’t want to change, and he just wants you to love him for who he is.

~~~~~
Souljourney gave me positive feedback on all three readings, and confirmed that Wally is indeed the alpha. Maybe she’ll say more in the Comments if she gets the chance.

Now I think maybe I’m ready to read for people. Faunabay, I hope you’re feeling brave!

9 comments:

  1. This seems very useful, what a great idea. I don't think I've seen a reading for a cat before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pangolin's readings were awesome. She even picked the Halloween deck for our cat Jasper. He happens to be a black cat, but I didn't tell her that!
    For Wally, the reading was perfect. He is the alpha, and wants to stay that way. He is not a big fan of change, but if he can be by his human(s) he is generally ok. The more attention he gets... the less he does bad things.
    Thanks again to Pangolin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... and yep, we think is is beginning to feel his age. He actually has arthritis and is taking a natural supplement for that. This reading reminded us to be very vigilant about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great reading pangolin!! I read for my animals every now and again myself. Haven't done it for awhile though. Now you've got me thinking it's time.
    And I don't have to feel brave. You've got this under control!! :-) I think the animal reading you do for me will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cat readings.....I'm going to have to read for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only was your reading accurate (as I've read here), it was entertaining. Part of reading is to find entertainment value; keeps the subject's attention and personally I'd be fried if it all had to be taken so seriously. Note to self: read for the dog, then for refrigerator just for haha's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes, I've had appliances that could have benefited from a reading, I'm sure...

    I definitely agree about the entertainment value factor. Relentless seriousness is exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I've got a 14 year old cat who has had to get used to our two new kittens recently. You've inspired me to have a bit of fun finding out how everyone's doing and getting everyone's thoughts on the pecking order in our house!

    (Tried to edit a spelling mistake but the got completely deleted)

    ReplyDelete