Wednesday, January 21, 2009

PDR: Water the plants!

Sometimes the message is short and sweet. Thank goodness -- I’d begun to worry that the Elemental was only going to give me deep, thoughtful, resonant answers that then took hours to write up into blog posts.

This morning I shuffled the deck, thinking of the day ahead, wondering where I should focus my efforts. There were so many different possibilities for the day... I intended to draw two cards, but a third one jumped out.

Notice that the first card (click to enlarge), “Cloud,” shows an expanse of water, and, at bottom-center, rain is falling.
Water the plants, so they will thrive.

I laughed. We’re having a winter heat wave, and day after day the desert sun beats down on my garden. The drip irrigation system is off for the winter, and watering has been on my to-do list for at least a week now. I haven’t wanted the hassle of dragging the hose around, and draining it afterward. Poor plants. But today the message came through: What to do today? Water the plants!

So I did.

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome! The art isn't really my think in this deck AT ALL, but the messages and images are actually pretty clear.
    Glad you picked this deck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - Don't you just hate it when you get a reading that makes you screw up your eyes and say "I'm on it, honest!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. And look at you running to do it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful.....if only it was always that simple.
    Interesting looking deck I haven't seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting deck. I love it when a deck can be this useful. Hope the plants are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deep stuff, water.

    Looking forward to reading more!


    Glad you are doing this and yes, it is an interesting deck.

    ReplyDelete