Thursday, January 15, 2009

Which deck to use for the AT Forum primary deck study?

Which deck should I choose for this purpose? My top candidates are Norse and Elemental, although I'm expecting a couple of other interesting decks in the mail soon. I decided to see if a reading could help me with the decision.

Q (for each deck): What if I choose this deck to study, and post my readings of it publicly on a blog?
DECK 1: Norse
DECK 2: Elemental

SPREAD: 3 cards, in tell-me-a-story style


Norse

9 of Discs ~ Princess of Cups ~ 9 of Cups

INTERPRETATION: (1) Solitary but materially-blessed woman alone with her treasures (2) playfully explores her intuitions, imagination and inner states, leading to (3) inviting others to join her, making personal connections.

Elemental

1 of Fire ~ Father of Water ~ 8 of Water

INTERPRETATION: (1) An opportunity exists for dynamic creative exploration. (2) Ideas will flow freely, as will imagination and intuition, but a certain emotional aloofness may be maintained. (3) The experience of the inner self and its connection to the ground of being can expand and deepen... and deepen.

CONCLUSION:
So, which deck? One seems to offer the possibility of interpersonal connections, the other the possibility of deepening self awareness. And I'm supposed to choose!

Well, if I'm looking to share my readings, and post them for public viewing, it seems that the social connection implied by the Norse is most fitting.


Yet the Elemental's implications resonate more powerfully with me.


And I love both decks. They're both speaking to me here.
The spare vistas and pure clear colors of the Norse make for images that are easy to read and full of clarity. The Elemental fires me up, engages me, delights me and makes me smile. And it challenges me -- it's a system unto itself, and requires more work to interpret (and more wild intuitive leaps as well).

So -- color me undecided. I'll sleep on it. And I don't want to close without mentioning the parallels in the two spreads. The second card in each is a Cups court (Page for Norse, King for Elemental), and the third card in each is another Cup (9 for Norse, 8 for Elemental). Nice! More to ponder...

3 comments:

  1. Seems the Norse is more "open" to the idea of being blogged about and the feedback maybe.
    I do this sometimes... flip a coin. BUT if it's not the choice I really was hoping for, even though I didn't know it when I flipped the coin, I'll be like "oh, I guess I really wanted the other one". Silly, but it works.
    Noticed you don't have a link for my to "follow your blog". Will try to add it a different way.
    SJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not use one for a while then change? We're not tied to one specific deck through all this.

    I mean, I'm taking my VR to the grave with me but that's not to say that another deck won't creep in here at some stage! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder that I'm not permanently committing myself to a deck. That helps.

    And I finally figured out how to enable the "follow this blog" feature. It involved reading the instructions... ah, the things we'll do when we're desperate.

    ReplyDelete